Dad: How is the baby bird like its dad?
Dad: It’s a chirp off the old block.
We love a good Dad joke, and even if you don’t, we know you love a good Dad!
With Father’s Day just around the corner, it’s time to get organised to treat the special guy in your life, and we’ve got some great suggestions right here.
- Grab a Burger and Beer special at the South Tamworth Bowling Club for just $15, with three burger specials to choose from. Plus, there’s a Jim Beam fridge up for grabs on the day!
- Take Dad to India (without the expensive plane fare) at Priya Mahal Indian Restaurant, which is hosting a lunch buffet this Father’s Day for $25 per person.
- The Pig & Tinder Box are showing Dad a good time with special menu items like pan fried cheeseburger dumplings with mustard and smoked tomato jam, five week dry aged Angus rump with fondant potatoes, horseradish cream, kale and beets and pizza with native pepper berry, crusted kangaroo, spinach, red onion, semi dried tomato & macadamia. And they’ll throw in a free schooner on arrival for Dad!
- Treat Dad to a lunch or dinner combo at the Tudor Hotel which includes an entrée, 450g chargrilled T-Bone steak for just $40 per person, plus a schooner of House tap beer for Dads. Since it’s the weekend, they’ll also have their $5 weekend drink specials running from 2pm – 5pm.
- For the first time, Riviera Bar & Grill are spoiling Dads with a complimentary beer with any main meal purchased for lunch or dinner on Father’s Day.
- What Dad doesn’t love a burger? Try out the brand new menu at Williamsburg, he’ll love it!
- Enjoy one of Banjos Restaurant’s Father’s Day lunch or dinner specials including bourbon and honey glazed brisket served with sour cream and chive mash, and grass fed rib eye served with red wine jus, truffled mash and greens at Wests. They’ve got a great kids playground, so it’s the perfect spot to take the littlies.
- What Dad really wants this Father's Day is a delicious mouth-watering steak from the Powerhouse Hotel Tamworth by Rydges' Workshop Kitchen. They'll have a specially designed menu including a gift for Dad.
- The Albert Hotel will have some Father’s Day specials ready for Dad’s big day, along with a free schooner of beer on arrival.
- The Longyard Hotel is running it’s infamous Father’s Day breakfast from 8:30am.
Feel more like a day trip?
- Little Kickerbell at Pine Ridge is doing a special Father’s Day lunch (BYO drinks) and bookings are essential. Settle in for lunch for $40 per head, or instead have the grazing package for $20 per head.
- Eat in with Dad at Merilba Estate, Uralla on Father’s Day and he’ll get a free beer!
Enjoy a day out
- Check out the final day of the Tamworth Show, a show experience like no other at Tamworth’s world-class Australian Equine & Livestock Events Centre (AELEC). It’s promising to be a great day out with an animal nursery, side shows and show bags, kids entertainment plus much more!
- It’s going to be a day of family fun at the Kootingal Country Fair with awesome entertainment from The Pitts Family Circus, plus the Woolomin Petting Zoo, putt-putt golf and jumping castles. If Dad likes cars, there’ll also be a classic car display courtesy of the Kootingal Motor Club.
- See Mark Vincent, one of Australia’s most beloved tenors, hit the Capitol Theatre, Tamworth’s stage for an intimate evening of incredible music where he’ll be performing classics including Because You’re Mine, Be My Love and Nessun Dorma.
There’s tonnes of other stuff to do in the Tamworth region with Dad including museums to visit, nature experiences and parks, sporting activities and live music.