If you’re sick of watching the New Year tick over from the couch, the Tamworth region has a bunch of ideas to get your 2018 off to a great start.
1. Put on your party shoes
We’ve all been there; you’ve been nagging your mates to make a plan since July, but they still can’t reach a unanimous decision. Lucky for you, we know where to go where all the hard work’s been done for you; all you have to do is turn up.
Dig that “touch of gold” out of the cupboard now for the Tamworth’s “Golden Years” New Year’s Eve party. For $60, you’ll get drinks on arrival and a spot on the dancefloor soaking up funk and soul tunes. Canapes and cocktails will be available, and a DJ will hit the decks as the night wears on. If the anticipation is killing you, you’ll also be able to sit down with Clairevoyant Suzanne who will be enlightening guests on what they can expect from 2018.
Get the gang together for a sophisticated night out and book in now to New Year’s Eve at Hopscotch, where $85 will get you a drink on arrival and a dinner from the special set menu.
Ring in the New Year with your gang from 6pm at the famous Playhouse, with $75 per person getting you a complimentary cocktail, masks, dancing and a two-course dinner before you take in the Sydney Harbour fireworks on the Theatre’s big screen. There'll be a look back at the best videos, songs and foolish diversions of 2017, and accommodation packages are available for those who really want to treat themselves. Bookings are essential.
2. Soak up some live music
A wise man once said: New Year’s Eve is for dancing. And we totally agree, so we needed to make sure you knew where the live music was at.
3. Grab dinner with friends and family
Sometimes, we need an excuse to get the gang together and if you can’t do it for New Year’s Eve, when can you do it, we ask? If a big catch up over a great meal is long overdue, we’ve got the venue sorted for you.
4. Pack the crew up and get out of town
If you like to get out of town and into the wild to celebrate the New Year with family and friends (or just by yourself), we’ve got a spot to suit your crew.
- Grab your wetsuit and skis and hook up the boat, there’s plenty of atmosphere at Chaffey Dam where you can set up your camp at Bowling Alley Point Recreation Reserve.
- As the temperature rises down in the valley, Sheba Dams Reserve at Hanging Rock is the perfect spot to cool off and ring in the New Year. If you want the cooler temperatures without the crowds, try Ponderosa Park or Swamp Creek.
- When you’re doing New Year’s Eve with the little ones, Lake Keepit has got the facilities to keep your crew entertained, including a water park and tennis court.
- If you don’t really care about New Year’s Eve but you do really care about fishing, head to Woolomin Camping Ground to throw a line in.
- If you want to wake up to a view on January 1, Warrabah National Park and Mount Kaputar National Park are waiting to welcome you and the gang.
- Pop the champagne in peace at Teamsters Rest, south of Nundle.
- If you’re after a few more creature comforts, the options are endless in the Tamworth Region: Rivergums Caravan Park (Manilla), Manilla Ski Gardens Caravan Park (Manilla), Fossickers Tourist Park (Nundle), Barraba Caravan Park (Barraba), Austin Tourist Park (Tamworth), City Lights Tourist Park (Tamworth), Kootingal Kourt Caravan Park (Kootingal), Paradise Tourist Park (Tamworth) and Tamworth North Holiday Park (Tamworth).