It’s Sunday morning, and you’ve slept in, had coffee in bed, but now you’re looking for something to do. All you wanted was a day off, but now, you can’t sit still! Well we’ve got the perfect way to pass a sleepy Sunday, and it involves friends and/or family, and food…
Soak up the country charm of Nundle on a Sunday, where you’ll find a number of their boutiques ready to welcome you:
- Grab a meal between 8am and 5pm at Nundle Fuel & Café while the kids play next door at Captain Cook Park.
- Drop into the Mount Misery Gold Mine Café & Guesthouse for a bite to eat, before browsing the wool shop and museum.
- Catch some rays on the outdoor deck at Jenkins Street Guest House whilst enjoying their amazing hospitality.
- Relax in the Peel Inn Hotel’s infamous beer garden and enjoy some of their delicious pub offerings, much of it sourced locally. It’s open for lunch from 12pm – 2pm.
The best place to spend a Sunday is browsing Queen Street in Barraba, on the main street lined with beautiful green trees:
- Kick back and relax in the beer garden from 11am at the Commercial Hotel. Contact them to see if they’ve got live music programmed, or a jumping castle set up!
- Grab a meal at Shelley’s Table at the Playhouse Hotel between 7am and 2pm, and if you hang around, you might be able to catch a movie in their 80-seat theatre.
Sunday pace is the best way to take in Manilla’s charming shopfronts and laidback atmosphere:
- Enjoy the garden at Molly May’s, open Sundays from 8am to 2pm. There’s a dinosaur garden for kids, plus a kids play shed and they serve AMAZING ultimate shakes; you won’t be able to keep the little people away!
There’s never a shortage of stuff to do in Tamworth, but if you like to do the good stuff and skip the traffic, Sundays are the way to go:
- Enjoy some delicious Italian topped off with a gelato at Carmen’s between 11:30am and 4pm, plus the kids will have ample room on the ten acre block to tire themselves out after eating!
- If you like a party vibe, The Longyard Hotel is the place to be on a Sunday; it’s open from 10am and has plenty of space in the beer garden and kids playground for big groups. Plus, they’ve got live entertainment all afternoon and evening; it’s a real Sunday sesh!
- Right in the Tamworth CBD, the Tamworth Services Club have got live music ready to entertain every Sunday.
- Enjoy lunch or dinner at The Pub from 10am. With a kids playground and live entertainment from midday, it ticks all the boxes!
- Grab a table outside in the beer garden at Williamsburg and feast on some of Tamworth’s best burgers, right in the middle of town.
- Drop in for a drink at the Coal Bunker Bar; it’s open ‘til late serving unique cocktails, craft beer and quality wines.
- Book into the Glasshouse Restaurant for breakfast or lunch on a Sunday between 8am and 3:30pm and take in sweeping views over the rolling hills of Goonoo Goonoo Station and the distant Liverpool Range.
- Chill out under the trees while you soak up the tunes of great local artists at Hopscotch Restaurant & Bar; they’re open 11am – 2pm on Sundays and they’re right next door to Tamworth Regional Playground.
- Enjoy the relaxed vibes of DECO Restaurant & Bar on Sundays between 7am and 9pm; they’ve got a kid-friendly menu and a beautiful little courtyard with your name written on it.