Artstate is coming to Tamworth, and the program is full of fantastic events for everyone to enjoy!
Featuring a curated arts program highlighting the region’s rich Kamilaroi heritage, established artists and a new generation of emerging young artists, through a diverse music program (with some Country, of course), an amazing visual arts program and a celebration of the North West’s writers.
Don't miss fantastic free and ticketed events open to the public over the four day event, including:
- Artstate Tamworth Opening Ceremony
- Theatre shows including I Am My Own Wife, Kinky Boots and The View from 1919
- Festival Club sets from Hattie Oates, Buddy Knox Blues Band, Sarah Leete, GOLDHEIST, Radical Son, Ashleigh Dallas and Kathryn Luxford.
- Exhibitions at Tamworth Regional Gallery including Exploded textiles and Art Word Place
- Art installations including Putting the Pieces Together, Connections Creativity Communities and Performative Installation by Garth Knight
View the full arts program at Artstate Tamworth.
About the conference
Artstate Tamworth 2019 will showcase the profound artistic and cultural identity of the North West region of NSW.
The themes for the Artstate Tamworth speakers program are On Country – In Country – Respect for Country that deepens knowledge of arts, culture and regional practice and Arts in the Age of Uncertainty – How the arts address the big issues of our day. These themes will be discussed by North West locals as well as nationally and internationally renowned keynote speakers throughout the festival and accompanied by many art workshops and programs.
Held from Thursday 31 October to Sunday 3 November, Artstate Tamworth is an arts event that will entertain, inspire and educate locals and visitors about arts and culture practice in regional New South Wales.
Join the conversation and register for Artstate Tamworth now!
For more information on Artstate Tamworth, visit their website.