The Australian Stock Dog Spectacular will be held at the Australian Equine and Livestock Events Centre (AELEC), a state-of-the-art livestock events complex in Australia located in the major regional hub of Tamworth, in North Western NSW. The facilities include an indoor arena with tiered seating for 3,360, sale ring, 478 stables, overnight accommodation facilities and areas for trade stands.
The ASDS will be held over eight days from Saturday 27th October to Saturday 3rd November 2018.
The ASDS will incorporate the following event categories:
- 2018 Australian Cow Dog Challenge Open Trial (3 rounds)
- 2018 Australian Futurity Dog Trial (3 rounds) – for pups sold at 2017 Futurity Pup Sale
- 2018 Australian Three-Sheep Trial Challenge Open Trial (3 rounds)
- 2018 Australian Yard Dog Challenge (3 rounds)
- 2018 Ladies Buckle (2 rounds)
- 2018 Overall Champion Stock Dog
- 2018 Australian Futurity Stock Dog Pup Sale (4-12 months of age)
- 2018 Australian Open Stock Dog Sale (1 year+)
The 2018 ASDS is proposed to be the largest event of its kind in Australia. There will be an estimated 600 competitor entrants, prize money of $60,000, over 160 dogs for sale, expected pup sales valued at over $500,000 and a large audience reach of rural farmers, breeders and trainers, visitors and enthusiasts.